Easenhall Horticultural Show, Novelty Dog Show and Fete
7th September 2:30PM
To download the Show Schedule for this years fete, click: here
To download the recipes for the Home Produce Classes, click: here
The Poster for this year can be downloaded: here
Thursday 5th September - 6pm
We’ll be putting up the marquee and prepping the pavilion and field. As many hands as possible helping for an hour or so would be appreciated. If bad weather, we’ll do it Friday at 6.00pm.
Back by popular demand this year - hot dogs, garden finds, dog scurry, Bric-a-Brac plus of course the floral and baking competitions in the marquee. New attractions for this year include vintage kitchenalia and the Knightlow Morris Men. Horticultural classes remain much the same as in previous years (new this year - 'longest runner bean'), baking classes include a 'retro' recipe from the old Easenhall WI recipe book, children's classes include a caterpillar cake - using a bought swiss roll unless parents are feeling particularly strong! All children's class entrants will receive a rosette. There are also floral classes and of course the Men's Cookery competition - this year we are expecting 4 (near) identical samosas to your chosen recipe which must be displayed alongside your entry. The dog show (all entries on the day) will feature some old favourites including waggiest tail, plus a new one - 'best biscuit catcher'! For anyone relatively new to the village it really is about the taking part rather than the winning, whether in the horticultural show or dog ring. So have a look at the schedules, see what classes you can enter and we look forward to seeing you there.
For now, here are the stalls that would welcome your contributions:
- Garden Finds (Helen Rathbone)– anything garden, gardening, outdoor living related
- Vintage Kitchenalia (Norman Clarke) – any vintage kitchen, produce, tableware related items
- Bric-a-Brac (Sam Kerr and Louise Courtney) – anything that doesn’t fit with another stall! Including jewellery, accessories, bags.
- Tombola (Mike and Sue Stone) – drinks, confectionary, toiletries (need to be in date please)
- Teas in the pavilion (Gill Ward and Jane Danger) – pledges of homemade cakes, large or small
- All donations can be left in the village hall or with the names mentioned. Cakes to be brought to the pavilion on the day before 2pm.
All donations can be left in the village hall or with the names mentioned.
Cakes to be brought to the pavilion on the day before 2pm. Any queries feel free to Contact Us